Kuwait Press Memory Latest news
kunaGeneral News

British Prime Minister confirms taking appropriate action regarding individual impersonating White House official

British Prime Minister confirms taking appropriate action regarding individual impersonating White House official

London, Aug 18 (KUNA) -- British Prime Minister Andy Burnham affirmed on Tuesday that “appropriate measures” had been taken regarding his exchange of text messages with an individual who impersonated White House senior official Suzie Wiles. In statements to the media about the incident, the prime minister said, “The exchange of messages was extremely limited and did not include anything of significance. I quickly realized that the matter needed to be reported, and I did so.” He added that “the matter was handled correctly,” noting that both the United Kingdom and the United States had taken steps to address the situation, without providing further details.

The British prime minister’s office (Downing Street) had said on Monday that no “messages of significance” were exchanged during the incident, without elaborating further on the matter. The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) had reported last May that Wiles’s personal phone had been hacked, while U.S. President Donald Trump said in connection with the incident that Burnham “miscommunicated.” (End)

Latest news Original source
Link copied ✓