Kuwait Press Memory Latest news
aljaridaSports By جريدة الجريدة الكويتية

Al-Kuwaiti confirms talks on contract extension to be held soon

Al-Kuwaiti confirms talks on contract extension to be held soon

Bayern Munich striker Harry Kane said today that he is preparing to begin contract extension talks with the German champions beyond 2027.

Speaking during a media day in Munich, the 33-year-old England captain told reporters that negotiations had been postponed pending his return from his post-World Cup holiday, but would start soon.

Regarding these talks, he said: “I don’t know exactly when it will happen, but it will start this week or next. We are calm and they are calm about the situation. Clearly, the time has come to start talks, as there is only one year left on the contract, and that is important.”

Bayern have repeatedly affirmed their desire to extend the star’s contract, after describing the former Tottenham striker at the end of last season as “the best transfer deal ever.”

German media reported that Kane’s new contract would extend at least until 2029. He joined Bayern in 2023 on a four-year deal, winning the Bundesliga twice and the DFB-Pokal once, and reaching the Champions League semi-finals in two of the last three seasons. He has scored 146 goals in 147 appearances across all competitions for Bayern.

Former German international Lothar Matthäus said on Tuesday that Kane should be the favorite to win the Ballon d’Or, which will be awarded in October.

Matthäus, who won the award in 1990, said Kane “deserves” this honor more than any other player, after an exceptional season in which he scored 61 goals in 51 matches.

The 1990 World Cup champion wrote in an article for Sky Germany: “In my opinion, Kane has delivered exceptional performances and has not experienced any dip in form whatsoever.”

Latest news Original source
Link copied ✓