Trump calls on Iran to surrender and Hamas to disarm

US President Donald Trump called on Iran to surrender on Monday, stating that he is not setting a timeline to end the conflict with Tehran, in remarks that also included a threat to bomb Oman if it obstructed Washington’s operations in the Strait of Hormuz. In a phone interview with Fox News, Trump said Iran should “raise the white flag,” a reference to surrender, adding that he is in no hurry to end the conflict and that the upcoming US midterm elections do not influence his decisions.
Trump described Iranians as “good poker players,” but said they are facing mounting pressure, pointing to the US naval blockade imposed amid the ongoing confrontation with Tehran. Commenting on talks between Iran and Oman regarding navigation arrangements in the Strait of Hormuz, Trump issued a stern warning to Muscat, saying the United States would bomb Oman if it “interfered with” Washington’s path.
Iran and Oman are working on an agreement concerning the management of ship traffic through the strait, one of the most critical maritime routes for global energy exports. Trump also confirmed the existence of a secret communication channel between Washington and officials in the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, following reports by Axios that revealed behind-the-scenes contacts aimed at opening a direct line with Tehran’s powerful military institution.
Regarding the war in Gaza, Trump said the United States has its own special channels of communication with Hamas, and added that the movement is “giving up its weapons,” a reference to efforts to implement a US plan to end the war and disarm the group. Axios had previously reported that Hamas leaders informed Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and one of his senior advisors, of their readiness to proceed with disarmament as part of arrangements concerning Gaza.